A Small Twist on Chicken Noodle Soup
3 large chicken breasts
6 cups of water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
6 large carrots chopped
6 stalks of celery chopped
1 tsp powdered thyme
3 tbs seasoned salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbs curry powder
1 cup of orzo noodles
1. Boil chicken breasts with bouillon cubes, onion and garlic until chicken is tender enough to shred. (About 20-25 minutes).
2. Remove the chicken and shred. I think its easier to chop against the striation of the meat instead of pulling it apart with a fork. It naturally shreds this way. Put shredded chicken aside. You will be adding it back in a moment. Not yet.
3. Add carrots, celery, and all the seasonings. Let this boil until it starts to tender up.
4. Put the chicken back in a let it boil/simmer a little bit longer (ten minutes).
5. Add the orzo. The soup is ready when the orzo is done. (another ten minutes)